Canadian Association of Radiologist’s accreditated for Mammography
Ontario Breast Screening Program
Mammogram Clinic in Toronto
Visit our Downtown Toronto Mammogram Clinic – Specializing in Mammography
Screening is key to the early detection of breast cancer. Annual screening mammography is currently recommended by most National organizations for all women over the age of 40. It can detect a cancer in the breast up to two years before a patient or physician can feel the lump. The Toronto Centre for Medical Imaging is also a screening centre for the Ontario Breast Screening Program and has been accredited by the Canadian Association of Radiologists since 1998.
Following screening mammography, about 10% of women will be recalled for additional views. This should not cause undue worry as more than 9 out of 10 patients that get recalled for additional views are subsequently categorized as “benign” or “probably benign”.
If we feel that additional views are necessary, one of our staff will contact you and schedule an appointment on behalf of your physician. If we feel a biopsy is required, we will schedule an appointment within a week to have this procedure completed, pending authorization from you and your physician.
The best time to book your mammogram procedure is one week following your period to reduce breast sensitivity. On the day of the study, wear comfortable clothing and do not wear deodorant, talcum powder, or lotion under your arms, on the day of your test, as these can affect the quality of the image.
- Mammography Awareness Document
- Response to Cdn Task Force Screening Report
- Article Against Anti-Screening Propaganda
- Second Article Against Anti-Screening Propaganda
- Breast Cancer Survivor Shares Cautionary Tale of Relying Solely on Thermography
- “Good Morning America” Skewers Breast Thermography
- FDA issues stern thermography warning
- Petition to the Federal Minister of Health by Dense Breasts Canada