American College of Radiology – Accredited for General Ultrasound and OB Ultrasound
Intersocietal Accreditation Commission Vascular Testing for Vascular Ultrasound
Downtown Toronto Ultrasound Clinic
TCFMI Offers a Wide Array of Ultrasound Exams
We welcome new patients that are looking to schedule an ultrasound at our downtown Toronto clinic. Please call us at 416-368-8488 to speak to a receptionist and have your appointment scheduled.
As ultrasound images are acquired digitally, your images can be provided to you on a CD, so you can take them to your referring physician or specialist, if necessary.
We can also provide our obstetric patients with a copy of their baby’s images on CD at a nominal charge.
What is Ultrasound First?
Ultrasound First is an endeavor devoted to education and increasing awareness of the effectiveness of ultrasound in enhancing patient care.
For appropriate clinical conditions, ultrasound offers clear safety and economic advantages over radiographic exams, and yet evidence suggests that ultrasound is underutilized.
Many clinicians are unaware of the range of conditions for which ultrasound first is an established guideline, and the gap only grows larger as research extends ultrasound’s diagnostic value.
Consider the Benefits
Ultrasound emits NO ionizing radiation. It may be all you need.
Ultrasound has comparable or superior diagnostic capability in a growing number of imaging scenarios making it the smart diagnostic choice.
Ultrasound is an inexpensive and portable tool that can provide faster diagnosis. Image more for less.
Preparations can vary, so please review our Ultrasound Preparation Details in printable PDF.
- Venous Doppler of the Lower Extremities for Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Venous Doppler of the Upper Extremities for Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Carotid and Vertebral Artery Doppler
- Arterial Doppler of the Lower Extremities
- Arterial Doppler of the Upper Extremities
- Ultrasound Guided Breast Biopsy – Toronto Breast Biopsy Procedure Patient Information Download
- Ultrasound Guided Breast Biopsy – Toronto Breast Biopsy Procedure Consent Form Download
- Ultrasound Guided Thyroid Biopsy – Thyroid Biopsy Patient Information Sheet Download
- Ultrasound Guided Thyroid Biopsy – Thyroid Biopsy Consent Form Download
- Female Pelvic Suprapubic and Endovaginal
- Male Pelvic Suprapubic and Endorectal
- Groin for Hernia and Lumps
Small Parts Ultrasound
- Salivary Gland
- “Lumps and Bumps”
- 1st Trimester Dating Ultrasound
- Nuchal Translucency (NT) scan between 11 and 14 weeks
- Detailed 2nd Trimester Anatomic Survey (18 to 20 weeks)
- 3rd Trimester scan for Fetal Growth
- Biophysical Profile (BPP)
Please view our Obstetric Ultrasound PDF for more information.
“Thank you! What a great letter. I’m in healthcare IT and I think this letter is a great way to communicate to those that don’t understand this. Two thumbs up!”
- Shoulder for Rotator Cuff Pathology and Impingement
- Elbow for Golfer/Tennis Elbow; Olecranon Bursitis
- Wrist and Hand for Tendon Injury/Inflammation/DeQuervain’s
- Wrist for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Muscle Tears
- Hip for Effusion/Tendonitis/Bursitis/Synovitis
- Knee for Tendon and Ligamentous Pathology/Injury
- Knee for Popliteal Fossa Cyst
- Ankle and Foot for Ligamentous/Tendon Injury/Inflammation
- Foot for Morton’s Neuroma
- Heel for Plantar Fasciitis
- Muscle Tear
Sports Injury Ultrasound
- Hip and Groin
Please view our sports injury ultrasound, specific page for more information.